Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Note to All You Billionaires/Millionaires

And especially to you Hollywood morons: This isn't a rant of a class envying person. In fact, it's just the opposite. So long as you came into your money through legal means and pay your taxes every April 15, I am happy for you. Enjoy.

When I am not happy for you is when you start going on one of your guilt trips and decide you are an awful person for having so much money when there are so many people who are not so lucky. Then you get on TV and all kinds of other exposure and endorse people for public office who want to take other people's money and give it to somebody else that it doesn't belong to.

My advice to you:

1) Sit down, shut up and enjoy your new yacht. We're only here a little while and you can't take it with you.

2) If you honestly feel so badly that you can't sleep at night, then give all your money and possessions away and go live under a bridge or pledge to become Obama's slave.

My point is, if you want poor people to have money, then give it to them yourself out of your own pocket and stop forcing me to pay more in taxes because YOU feel guilty. As I said, you can go live under a bridge if you want, I do NOT want to be there next to you.

Typical guilt-ridden rich person: "I feel so guilty. Weshould do something about it!"

Note how the "I" becomes "We".

Well I'll tell you: I'm not rich. But when I bring home a paycheck at the end of the week there's still about 30% of it missing between federal taxes, state taxes and other taxes. That's not to mention the sales tax I have to pay whenever I buy something on top of all that.

I'm not rich but yet still almost a third of my money that I work hard for disappears every week to go to someone else that either doesn't work or has not enough respect for themselves to work to better their situation in life. Newsflash people: there are people who do not want to work and think society owes them a living. Going down that road is going to be the ruination of this country and we're already starting to get up to cruising speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment